There are three ways we notify you of auction results:
- The Bid Results page displays when you click Submit Bid, telling you whether or not you were successful.
- You can click Welcome>My Buying to see the current status of your auctions.
- We send an email to the winning bidder.
The Bid Results page:
When you confirm your bid, the Bid Results page displays, letting you know whether or not your bid was successful. You may see the following messages:
- Successful - you are currently the high bidder.
- Not Successful - you are the high bidder for this item but your maximum bid is below the seller's Reserve Price. You cannot win this item unless you place a bid that meets or exceeds the seller's Reserve Price.
- Not Successful - you were outbid by another bidder.
Click Back to Item>Refresh Listing to see the most current status on the auction, and whether you are still winning the auction or need to submit a higher bid.
Checking Buy status:
We recommend you check the status of your auctions by clicking Welcome>My Buying to see the status of your bids, including results for items you won and lost. You should check regularly near the auction closing time to ensure you have the opportunity to place a new bid if necessary.
Upon completion of an auction, we notify the high bidder via email of the results of the auction. The email includes your winning bid price and the seller's contact information.