Please remember by listing an item you are legally committing to accept the high bid for the item. If you receive a bid above the minimum price you set, and a reserve price is not specified, you are legally obligated to complete the transaction. The only exception is if completing the sale violates federal, state or local law. This helps us provide a high-quality environment for both buyers and sellers.
Here are some helpful rules and suggestions for listing your item:
- You may place any merchandise for sale or auction which you have the right to sell if it complies with the User Agreement and does not violate any other posted rules of this site. All content linked to the item description must comply with the GunBroker.com User Agreement.
- Please list your item in an appropriate category. See Selecting the Correct Category.
- Your description of the item must be truthful and accurate. You should clarify any additional terms or expenses associated with the item, such as who will pay shipping and insurance expenses.
- You should state how you expect to be paid (for example, personal check, money order, credit cards).
- Warranty terms should be clearly outlined.
- If you are required to collect sales tax, you must include this information in the listing terms.
- Auctions in which the winning bidder is given a choice between various items are not encouraged. If you are unable to provide the buyer with the item he/she chooses, you are considered to have defaulted on the transaction.
- In order to maintain a consistently good experience for our members, we reserve the right to suspend the accounts of persons who fail to complete transactions (unless the sale violates federal, state or local law).
- If you start a listing and decide you no longer wish to sell the item, you can end the auction early using Tools for Sellers. An auction cannot be ended early once there are bids on the item.
- It is important to stay in communication with bidders/buyers and promptly respond to all inquiries.
- A seller may not bid on his or her own auction.
- Reserve Price auctions are often unpopular with bidders. We suggest you set your Starting Bid to the least amount you will sell the item for, and let the bidding begin at that price. See Reserve Prices and Starting Bids.
We recommend you also review the following articles before you list an item on GunBroker.com:
- Legal Issues Buying and Selling Firearms
- Firearms Shipping Guide (International sellers - review Importing Firearms and/or Exporting Firearms)
- Setting Up Your Account to Sell Items
- How to Sell on GunBroker.com
Article is closed for comments.