GunBroker.com wants to let you know where we are heading with certain changes to the website. These are a combination of changes that are in progress and changes we are considering making. Some are currently under development. Others are in the early planning stages.
We will update this page with information as we continue our planning and development process. Don’t forget to learn about the changes we make in every release by reviewing the Release Notes section of the Support Site. You can view Product News and Updates here: https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000020934-Product-News-and-Updates
Recent Releases and Under Development
- GunBroker Pay - GunBroker Pay with FreedomCoin, is the newest payment platform available to users of GunBroker.com. A firearm friendly way for everyone to pay quickly, directly and electronically. Learn more here: https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034191493
- Integration with TaxCloud – TaxCloud is a sales tax compliance service. Sellers using the TaxCloud service will be able to enter their account information and use TaxCloud to calculate tax for all their orders processed through GunBroker.com Checkout. Learn More about TaxCloud here: https://taxcloud.com/
- Layaway Program - GunBroker would like to offer the ability for buyer to purchase on layaway for sellers willing to offer such a program. The program would be limited to sellers who accept payment via immediate checkout. The allows for a deposit to be made during checkout on GunBroker and subsequent payments to be made to the seller. The seller will be able to define the deposit percentage and write their own layaway policy.
GunBroker.com would like to offer sellers that utilize layaway programs the ability to list these items on GunBroker and collect the initial deposit. The program would be limited to sellers who accept payment via immediate checkout. This allows for a deposit to be made using GunBroker checkout and subsequent payments to be made directly to the seller. The seller will define the deposit percentage and the terms of their own layaway policy.
The basic operation of the program would allow a buyer to purchase an item on layaway if the seller offers a Layaway Option. The seller specifies what percentage of the order the buyer will pay as a deposit and that is used in the checkout process to sell the item. The seller would be charged fees based on the total price of the item, not the deposit. The seller’s layaway policy would provide details about the program including how to make additional payments and conditions for default. Sellers would not be able to request credits for transactions where the buyer does not complete payment. (Initial Deposits generally are non refundable)
The buyer will be able to see layaway availability as they review the item details, read the seller’s policy terms in a consistent place and utilize the program without needing to communicate with the seller first. Sellers benefit with quicker, easier layaway sales, less messages to answer and the automated collection of the initial deposit.
- Updates to Order Grid – We are in the process of updating the order grid to include more information in less space. We will also color code status information and allow for the visible data to expand and collapse for easier viewing.
- New Online Listing Process – We are in the process of creating a new, responsive listing page that makes greater use of item defaults, allows for easier picture loading and working with standard text all in one place.
Items being Discussed or Defined
- Require a picture for all listings
- Using the first picture as the thumbnail and not allowing a separate image
- Requiring the first picture be specifically of the item for sale
- Removal of Cash Discount / Credit Card Fee to make price comparison easier for buyers.
- Better display of shipping costs to make shipping comparisons easier for buyers.
- Require an FFL to be selected upon check out.
- Adding the ability for a Seller logo and business description in order to brand their listings better.
- Supporting rich text descriptions so it is easier to format listing details.
Questions or concerns about the above should be directed to SiteInfo@GunBroker.com. Thank you.