Sellers are required to complete an extended verification check before listing items. They are charged a one-time verification fee of $2.00 for this verification check.
- This process is similar to the verification process used by banks and credit card companies to secure personal information.
- Your answers are used solely to make sure the person requesting access is actually you.
- GunBroker.com does not have visibility or access to these questions or your answers.
This $2.00 fee is applied to your account when you submit your information for verification and is due regardless of whether the account is successfully verified.
We reserve the right to deny access to site features if we are unable to verify your identity.
References to the fee during registration:
If the system indicates the need for a detailed verification, there are two places where we reference the $2.00 fee:
- During registration, the User Verification screen states the $2 User Verification fee is required. The user must mark the check box and select "Next" in order to continue.
- After the user clicks the Verify Your Account link and before performing certain functions in the system.
Reason for policy:
Registration information can be flagged by our system as suspicious for a number of reasons. For the security of our site and our members, we are required to verify the information. By verifying the credentials of suspicious accounts, we can reduce fraud on our site and make sure your experience at GunBroker.com is safe.