What is OutdoorPay?
OutdoorPay is the newest payment gateway on GunBroker.com that will soon replace all other options for both new and existing sellers to eventually* handle all payments made on the site.
In this new process, buyers will make payments via OutdoorPay to purchase items. When sellers mark items as shipped, OutdoorPay will then pay sellers after automatically deducting applicable taxes and fees, eliminating the existing monthly billing* process, simplifying tax collection, and streamlining the process for everyone.
*Initially excludes subtitle and optional service fees - see Will OutdoorPay handle all kinds of fees? below for more info.
How will OutdoorPay help my business?
- Instant checkout for all purchases creates a modernized e-commerce experience that attracts a wider variety of buyers
- No check/money order delays, issues with insufficient funds, or bounced checks
- Transactions are settled and paid to sellers promptly as orders are shipped
- Automatic tax and final value fee settlement reduces accounting overhead
- Integrated reports to track sales, transactions, settlements, and more
- Improved refund and returned order capabilities removes the need for credit requests
- Integrated chargeback and dispute management process
- Enhanced fraud protection
- Eliminates non-paying buyers and canceled orders for fixed-priced and buy-now listings
What is the sign up process?
Please see the videos below for a full walkthrough of the OutdoorPay onboarding process:
OutdoorPay Registered Business Onboarding
OutdoorPay Individual Seller Onboarding
New sellers must complete this process prior to selling, while existing sellers can enter newly required information prior to their account being converted. For existing sellers, completing the onboarding process will not change active listings or the listing process, however, the bank account registered during the OutdoorPay onboarding process will immediately become the account's primary and exclusive payment method with GunBroker.com for all outstanding, current, and future transactions. No further changes will take effect until the account is transitioned to OutdoorPay.
Here’s what you’ll need to sign up:
- Individual sellers:
- Personal info and contact information, including SSN
- Government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, or state ID)
- Bank information including routing and account numbers
- Registered businesses:
- Business Info, License, and Banking Requirements:
- Registered business address*, contact info, incorporation date, and EIN
- Business license, expiration date, and business type
- Business bank information including routing and account numbers
- Specific ownership percentages for the primary owner and all other owners with 25% ownership or greater
- Requirements for Each Listed Business Owner:
For security purposes and as required by federal financial and banking regulations to prevent fraud, identity theft, and other fiduciary crime, sellers are required to list business owners including the primary owner (who can own any percentage of the business) and all other owners with 25% ownership or greater. Additional owners need not and should not be listed.
For each owner, you’ll need their
- Contact information (name, address*, phone, etc.)
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Government-issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport, or State ID)
- Business Info, License, and Banking Requirements:
*Note: PO Boxes are not accepted at this time. Please use only physical addresses until further notice.
Why do I need to add my bank account to use OutdoorPay?
Who should sign up for OutdoorPay for my business? Who will need to verify their identity as a business owner?
The primary account owner or another individual with either equal authority or prior authorization will need to submit all required information for the business. However, both the primary account owner and all other listed owners are required to personally complete the Jumio (KYC) verification process once all other information is submitted.
What is Jumio and how do they protect my privacy?
Jumio protects the ecosystems of businesses through a unified, end-to-end identity verification and eKYC platform offering a range of identity proofing services to accurately establish, maintain and reassert trust. For details on Jumio's privacy, please visit the Jumio Privacy + Trust Center. Neither GunBroker.com nor its affiliates utilize Jumio’s Authentication service and no software (or service workers) are installed during signup.
When can I use OutdoorPay?
OutdoorPay will roll out in phases to existing sellers until all sellers are converted in the coming months.
How do I get paid and when should I expect payment?
Transactions are settled and paid to sellers promptly (usually same-or-next-day) after orders are marked shipped as completed by the seller. Note that processing does not occur on weekends or bank holidays and payments typically clear in 2-5 business days.
How will the sales tax and fee processes flow for sellers using OutdoorPay?
GunBroker.com automatically calculates and adds applicable sales tax to each order. Buyers who checkout through OutdoorPay have tax collected at the time of payment and remitted by OutdoorPay, the Marketplace Facilitator. OutdoorPay will then pay sellers the remaining balance less applicable taxes and fees after orders are shipped and completed by the seller.
Will OutdoorPay handle all fees? Will anything continue to be billed monthly?
Though eventually all fee payments will flow through OutdoorPay, on initial release any fees associated with items listed below will continue to be billed and collected monthly via the legacy process as described on the Billing Information page until further notice:
- Item Subtitle while Listing (Item Details page)
- Optional Services while Listing (Listing Options page)
- Standard Auction Reserve Price (2% charge)
- Short Term Auction Insertion Fees
- GunBroker.com Integrated Shipping Labels
How will this affect API users?
Minimally - the biggest change is that payment terms will be ignored since these will be handled by OutdoorPay moving forward, but other changes may be needed as further testing is completed.
How will I list items once I’m enrolled in OutdoorPay?
The process is identical to the previous listing process through the Sell link in the site header (just under search) except that you’ll only see OutdoorPay as a payment option in that section.
What will happen to existing listings when an account is transitioned to OutdoorPay?
- For auctions with one or more active bids: listings will remain under the legacy purchase process. Any applicable taxes and fees will be billed monthly, just as before, for any and all transactions completed outside of OutdoorPay.
- For auctions with no bids: listings will be immediately transitioned to OutdoorPay
- For all other listings: listings will be immediately transitioned to OutdoorPay
Is there any way to transition to OutdoorPay early or opt-out?
While we know the excitement for OutdoorPay can be overwhelming, the OutdoorPay transition plan has been developed to ensure your business and the marketplace continue to run as smoothly as possible with larger sellers transitioning last to minimize disruptions to their complex workflows.
We value your feedback and are working hard to get OutdoorPay to sellers as quickly as possible, but ask for your patience and understanding as we build a better outdoors marketplace for everyone. As such, there is currently no option to transition early or opt-out - sellers agree to use OutdoorPay as a condition of accepting the GunBroker.com Seller Agreement.