For fixed price listings the seller can choose to accept offers when they list the item for sale. Take a Shot allows you to accept offers from buyers for a quantity of items at a specified price. All offers are good for 48 hours or until the listing ends or sells out. When you accept an offer, the item is sold just like any other item.
Once you receive an offer you can either accept or reject it. You will receive a notification email with information about the offer. If you accept the offer the item is sold. If you decline the item does not sell and the buyer is released from the commitment to buy the item. If you take no action on the offer it expires in 48 hours and the buyer is released from the commitment to buy the item.
Listing with Take a Shot
When you create your listing:
- Select the Fixed Price listing format.
- Select the Accept Offers on this Listing check box.
- Fill in the Auto Accept Price and Auto Reject Price per item.
Automatically Responding to Offers
An automatic response to an offer is based on the prices you fill in for Auto Accept Price and Auto Reject Price. These prices are set by you and are not disclosed to the buyer at any time.
Rules for automatic response pricing:
- The Auto Accept Price must be less than or equal to the Fixed Price.
- The Auto Accept Price is the amount you are willing to sell the item at immediately. Any offer made equal to or greater than this price will immediately be accepted and the item sold.
- The Auto Reject Price must be less than the Auto Accept Price.
- The Auto Reject Price is the amount at which offers equal to or less than this price will automatically inform the buyer that the offer has been declined and encourage them to make a higher offer.
- Any offer made between these two amounts will be sent to you for individual review.
- All amounts are on a Per Item basis.
Offers that are automatically accepted will sell the item and take the buyer immediately to check out.
Offers that are automatically declined will notify the buyer and encourage them to make another offer. Subsequent offers made by a buyer must be at a higher amount per item than their previous offer.
You will receive an email each time you get an offer on an item that falls between the Auto Accept and Auto Reject prices. You can also view your offers on the Offers Received page within My GunBroker. You have up to 48 hours to accept / reject the offer or the offer expires and is automatically declined. Go to Welcome> Selling> Offers Received.
On the Offers page you see all the offers related to the item allowing you to select the offer that is best for you. You can individually Accept or Reject offers.
There is not the ability to counter offer. Buyers will receive an email when you reject an offer telling them the offer was declined and encouraging them to make a higher offer.